The British Milers Club is a voluntary organisation aiming to improve the standards of British middle distance running.
The BMC aims to put on athlete friendly meetings and create the conditions in which athletes have the best possible chance of achieving fast times.
To do this it is our aim that:-
• All races are seeded appropriately
• All races are paced appropriately (The pacemaker will be asked to run at the pace stated irrespective of whether the field follow them)
• All meetings run to time
• Results are produced quickly, completely and accurately
• Athletes are treated with courtesy and understanding
• Race venues are chosen for their suitability for fast times
We will always strive to achieve the above but our success is dependent on the goodwill of athletes and officials, and sometimes on events outside our control. The BMC does not attempt to provide opportunities for slow tactical races. Athletes seeking this kind of race to prepare themselves for a championship should look elsewhere.
We expect from athletes that they will:-
• Enter the races by the deadlines set.
• Be truthful about their season and personal best times.
• Be truthful about their current form.
• Turn up for races that they have entered.
• Enter only one race per meeting unless intending to run more than one.
• Inform the organiser in good time if for any reason they cannot compete and the reason why they can’t compete.
• Run at the pace stated for their race and not attempt to slow a race.
• Be prepared to take the initiative if a pacemaker is running too slowly.
We expect of all athletes, coaches and parents who attend our meetings that they will be polite and considerate to the volunteers organising the meeting.